Saturday, January 31, 2015

Popsicles for Breakfast!


I am always trying to find fun and new ways to get healthy foods into my 2 and 4 year old boys.  Unfortunately, it is often challenging (I know I am not alone!).   New and healthy foods are usually met with "mommy I don't like that", sometimes before it has even hit their plate or cup.  As a healthy eater myself, it is so important for me to provide the boys with the fuel they need for their energy and health, so I have to be creative!

I make a lot of smoothies for the boys and at times when I add in some of the extra healthy veggies (kale, spinach, avocado's) and they see it happening they almost immediately reject it.  So, you will find me making smoothies on a stealth mission to avoid them seeing what goes into it.  It's pretty ridiculous!!!  Sometimes I am successful and sometimes not so much and they say the don't like it.  Well, instead of wasting it,  I immediately pop it into a popsicle mold and put it in the freezer.  9 times out of 10 they will eat it after their dinner or for breakfast the next morning!  The best part is I can actually justify them having it for breakfast and how great of a mommy am I giving them a popsicle for breakfast?!  Here is one of my new favorite healthy smoothie/popsicle recipes.  To make it sweeter, I juice the pineapple and apples first then put them in the blender.  Depending on the day, I will sometimes also put in the whole apple and pineapple straight in the blender.




Pineapple, Spinach, Avocado/Apple Smoothie


1 Whole Pineapple Juiced or Whole
4 Whole Apples Juiced or Whole
1 Avocado
1 Can full fat organic coconut milk
2 Cups of Spinach or Kale






If you are looking for more smoothie and shake recipes, check out this link below!

Clean Eating Shake Recipes

These are also my favorite popsicle molds for the kiddos!!!

Awesome Popsicle Molds!




No comments:

Post a Comment